Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Day Sixteen: A weird call

Okay. You know that my friends have actually left a celfone for emergencies. Well just now one of them calls me up. Strange considering they have purposely remained inconspicuously absent through the endeavor. I reckon it was due to the fact that they wanted to keep me bored and longing for company. To make me crack of course.

Now this is why they called. They said they would agree to settle 1/4 of the agreed bet and allow me to just walk out now. They realized that I proved my point? Maybe. They however did say maybe it was too cruel and that I was entitled to a life. Trying to play like they are "good guys"? Concerned about my welfare? Really now.

I can see it a couple of ways. They are afraid I will win and will take a bit of a loss rather than a bigger loss? Or do I take the offer while it is on the table in case I potentially muff it up towards the end?

Could they be afraid since I mentioned I would rack up a huge credit card bill towards the end as I mentioned to you would be my strategy?

The offer stands for the next two days they said. I would need to reply before Day Seventeen midnight.

So should I stand my ground and shoot for more or cut my losses? What do you think?

Your advice would help.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude, if you really want this as badly as you told me you did, then don't give up. You have a whole bunch of people online who are willing to help you win this as compared to a handful of people who are betting against you, so don't worry so much. I'm sure you'll be able to pull through. If you need anything, just give me a figurative holler, okay? :)

Kain ka na, okay? You can't win this if you don't take better care of yourself. :)

Cheers from the one and only Laundrygirl. ;)

Anonymous said...

My guess is they're chickening out because you're halfway through...stand your ground...you'll get past this...besides you don't see this kind of novelty everyday hehehe...and eat up!

Anonymous said...

Please try to find a local online pharmacy. If not, how can someone send you paracetamol and antacids. You have an infection that you need to fight.

Drink lots and lots of liquids. You may be dehydrated. If you can, order gatorade or even better hydrite salts. This endeavor is not worth you getting more ill.

Get well.