Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Day Twenty Four: Will it be smooth sailing 'til the end?

Not wanting to jinx anything but I am one of those peeps that believe in not counting your chickens until they are hatched. Now we are so close to the end what can go wrong. Should I be overconfident?

Why is it that when we get overconfident we tend to not see what sometimes is not the unforseen? Is it an issue of pride? Any idea?

Am I being paranoid? Will the "friends" who are betting against me resort to underhanded tactics? Or is that too much for me too assume? More than mere pride there is a lot riding on this for both parties. I have not disclosed much of the bet but let us say it will help the winner (which is hopefully me) not just settle so much but also launch a dream.

They have been unusually quiet of late. And over the course of this week I have already started to purchase "items" online that are more of luxuries that I wanted to have. Stuff that aren't merely for survival but to enjoy. Because as you know part my strategy is to max out my card before the end by buying stuff. Because should I win (notice I didn't say when) I would be able to have them pay for it.

Just so you know all the agreements are in writing and signed and witnessed as well. Can never be too sure this day and age. Gone is the era of the Gentleman's agreement.

No comments: