Thursday, June 14, 2007

Day Eleven: KABOOM!

A loud explosion just rocked my world here. It was a deafening "KABOOM"! Literally. I couldn't tell what it was but judging from the Meralco truck parked out back (yes I have an elegant view of the back of other buildings) on the street must mean a transformer or something near the powerlines blew up. Whew! Was afraid it was a terrorist attack. And here I am too. So had to make sure I had clean underwear on since you never know, right? Now that is so weird the idea of being told to wear clean underwear 'coz you may just get killed and they will see at least you had clean underwear. Does that really matter? First of all you are dead. Am fairly certain that you will not really hear a eulogy where they comment on the deceased's undergarments. That would be some bizzare fetish. Also doesn't it happen sometimes that someone who is suddenly struck down loses control of bodily functions? So of what use would the clean underwear have been in the first place?

Anyway I can hear the generators going. So it must mean power is cut off. Hope we dont lose power later tonight. It isn't as if I can go to the movies (with clean underwear) to stave of the heat.

No comments: