Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Day Ten: Do you prefer online or offline mags?

I was perusing through my new blog buddy hitme64's site and his latest entry talks about Runner's World magazines. Before my life in captivity I was basically a Booksale rat. I would scour through bin after bin of the cheap magazines and buy what I could when my budget would allow. Of course these magazines would have their URL plastered on the cover. A signal of the move to towards the online world. I was told that FHM US had ceased its magazine publication. A sign of the times?

Yet, as I commented of hitme64's post, I tend to read and re-read and re-re-read old magazines until the covers come off. Sometimes I would even cut up articles and paste them on the wall if I liked 'em. And some pics as well. While some are the gratuitous female pin-up pose you would see there are other pics ranging from absolut vodka ads (and other ads I liked) to old motorcycles and more mag fodder.

That being said, is that something you can really do with the internet? Kindda strange thing to say considering I am here doing what I am to prove the internet is the new way.

Maybe I am a hold-out? A romantic from an era soon to be eclipsed. Until they can come up with a wall "album" to store desired electronic image data I will have my mag collage right there.

With that in mind, check this out -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9j_tYP-kzc

No comments: