Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Day Ten: Are we a third empty or two-thirds full?

In challenges like this it pays to be a "half-full" person.

Earlier today I explained to a person I was chatting with on YM that I have started to give the items here in my apartment nicknames. Don't worry I am not going "Castaway" on you guys.

I joked with the person on YM that he would have to excuse me as I was going to the "bank". He freaked since he said he had several "ninoys" riding on me. I quipped that the "bank" was my nickname for the toilet. I make my deposits there. Though it is not quite pleasant to make a withdrawal there.

Do you have nicknames for inanimate objects around you? One of the things most peeps give nicknames to are cars. What about other things? Computers? Beds? etc. Why should cars have all the fun.

Maybe we should start a trend and start naming items that are a part of our lives? What do you think "Wilson"?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i call my car "freakshow" because it's certainly close to dilapidation as well as does these freakish things on the road, like spewing oil in the dash and whistling something from down under...

btw, why not order a treadmill and take some time off the comp and do some walking/jogging/running? but wait, the bed looks like a better idea...hehehe

Anonymous said...

I call my laptop George. :) Hey, in five days you're halfway through! :)

Anonymous said...

My old iBook G4, I used to call "Boo". I have no name yet for my current MacPro. For now, I call it my "Tower of Power".

Anonymous said...

Good post.