Monday, June 4, 2007

Day One: Prep

Okay so now my friends want to make sure that I don't violate the bet. So they came over and padlocked the outside of my apartment door. Good thing the landlord is a bit of a sport. As long as they repair the "damage" at the end of the bet period. I asked how would I be able to open the door now if I decide to order in. After a bit of a debate they realized it wouldn't be good to have a dead bettee (or am I the bettor - whatever) since that would mean they would be unable to collect. Little do they know I have no intent of losing. So we agreed that the key to the padlock outside the door sealing me from the world out there would be held by the guard at the ground floor front desk. And since my apartment phone is now disconnected and in their possession (another precautionary measure) it would be difficult for me to illicit the guard's connivence. Personally I would rather see this through honestly and try to not violate the bet to prove my point. It isn't so much a question of actually winning the bet but proving that my friends are wrong.

I just hope there is no flash flood that will make it up to the 9th floor. Oh oh or earthquake for that matter. Well my fate is now in the hands of the internet gods.

Sorry all if the date is off since the blog is based on a U.S. site as you would note. Now back to work. My deadlines don't move unfortunately.

No comments: