Monday, June 4, 2007

Day One: Return of the cel

Weird. My friends came back and returned my celfone. Why I asked since it was part of the stipulations. Well they said I may need it for an absolute emergency. Its more for in case anything happens. Well that is pretty magnanimous of them. In case I get attacked by killer bees from Latin America I could call for an ambulance. If that were the case I could scream as I was being stung to death that they would have to bring something to pry the door open.

They did however say that since it is a post-paid line that when the next billing statement arrives they would check if I had made any calls on it. Or texts for that matter. Well at least of a personal nature.

If it is a text I queried for an online purchase that doesnt involve an actual call. A comfirmation text for example. What would that mean? Well, they said it is still for an online purchase and it wasn't to make a purchase by calling so it should be okay. Some sites we agreed are configured that way. Hope that opens my field of choices.

However, I think they gave me the cel back to tempt me. Like have it stare at me saying "use me, abuse me". Devious bastards. Or try to get me on a technicality. Well with that in mind I had them write out our agreement on the cel non-usage and usage.

1 comment:

DarkHalf said...

uh... there's NO WAY for them to verify the number of outgoing text messages you sent because the bill will only show the total number of texts-- in which case, you were already allowed to use text to send inquiries, etc for online purchases. XD

Good luck!